Lady Minto Hospital (Saltspring Isl.)
Nancy Shaw Room - Annex Accomodations
For the convenience of patients from the Outer Islands, the "Nancy Shaw Room" in the Lionel Beech Annex can be used for accommodation the day/night prior to surgery or diagnostic tests. One family member or friend can accompany the patient. (Room has a single bed and a cot.)
- Booking the room for patients requiring out-patient diagnostic tests: Doctor's receptionist will call the hospital between 0800-1600 to make the appointment for the test and notify the Booking Clerk that accommodation is required.
Toll-free number is 539-2026.
The Booking Clerk will transfer the call to the Administrative Assistant (local 4846) to reserve the Nancy Shaw Room.
- Booking the room for per-op patients: The OR Supervisor will book the surgery date and notify the Administrative Assistant that accommodation is required.
- Administrative Assistant will note the booking on the calendar, complete booking form and distribute copies to other departments as required.
Note: In order to Housekeeping to have an opportunity to clean the room , bookings cannot be made "back to back"; leave 1 day in between.
- Check-in time is prior to 1600 hours Monday-Friday except in exceptional circumstances. Patient should check-in at the administration Office.
- Administrative Assistant will complete the Meal Request Form if required, give the patient a key, direct him/her to the Business Office for payment and escort the patient to the Nancy Shaw Room.
- Business Office staff will collect room rental fee ($25/day), payment for any meals and provide a receipt to the patient.
- Breakfast: $3.50
- Lunch: $5.50
- Supper: $4.00
- Maximum stay for a family member/friend accompanying a pre-op patient who is subsequently admitted to the hospital is 2 days.